|Location: London||Job sector: Nursing|
|Salary: £40,000 - £48,514||Experience:|
|Job type: Permanent|
Fantastic opportunity to join our client a Trust known for their fantastic care to patients.
The role of Community Paediatric Matron plays a key role in the management and development of the Paediatric Nurses in the community across Ealing ensuring the services are effective, well-co-ordinated and responsive to the changing needs of the local population.
The Community Paediatric Matron works as part of the clinical leadership and operational management team for the Tri- Borough community children’s nursing services. The Community Paediatric Matron will work with the Head of Children’s Nursing, to ensure the delivery of high quality care for children and young people.
You will be responsible for direct operational delivery of nursing care within Community Children’s nursing, Children’s Continuing Care, Special School Nursing, Asthma & Haemoglobinopathy specialist nurses and the Specialist Health Visitors and for ensuring professional nursing leadership and proactive resource management.
You will be an experienced children’s nurse with strong leadership, management and clinical skills who is familiar with providing care in community settings. This post holder will be expected to support and work within a team of Matrons to support the Head of Nursing with the Out of Hospital agenda, with an expectation to lead on certain aspects of the mobilisation and delivery of this vision.
The role of Community Paediatric Matron includes a combination of leadership/management and direct clinical care, based on service need and demand. You will have advanced clinical nurse skills, to support direct patient care.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and expertise to the team by using critical thinking/clinical reasoning to assess, develop and implement programme of care and treatment to meet the needs of patients. Responsible for the management of the individuals and team performance, in line with clinical competency framework. To provide advice to others regarding the management and care of patients/clients that falls within the teams remit.
- Implement the community children’s nursing supervision framework. To provide specialist training and presentations in area of clinical expertise and/or service.
- To demonstrate excellent negotiation skills across a range of agencies statutory and voluntary which interfaces with the Community Paediatric Nursing Teams.
- Works with the Head of Nursing and other Matrons to ensure correct skill mix is distributed across the services.
- To demonstrate high level of clinical effectiveness by the use of evidence based practice and outcome measures and ensure these are embedded in clinical practice.
- To maintain and monitor the quality of service delivery through the audit of evidenced based guidelines of care and in line with the Divisional clinical governance.
- To ensure the Team offers a supportive learning environment that encourages reflective practice.
- To lead and support the Teams in complex case management
- To support clinical care when necessary.
- To ensure the safeguarding and protection of children is an integral part of the community children’s nursing service.
- Contribute to the Tri- Borough workforce planning.