|Location: Farnham ,Surrey||Job sector: Accounts & Financial ServicesManagementPermanent Jobs|
|Job type: Permanent|
Head of Vehicle Finance
The Vehicle Finance Manager will be responsible for setting up their own department incorporating
sales, underwriting, procurement, collections and operations that currently facilitate the finance
agreements for the purchases of the commercial vehicle sales.
The role will be responsible for introducing vehicle finance sales to the logistic and transport sector
and in particular companies that run fleets of commercial vans.
Success in this role requires general commercial awareness and a certain depth of knowledge
The successful applicant will assist in the creation of and ultimately run the department that will be
responsible for the following:
1) Sales. Facilitating and assisting with introductions to potential clients within:
i) The logistics sector
iii) Other sectors that use commercial vehicles
2) Procurement; including, but not limited to:
i) Our supply chain
ii) Our tracking options/requirements
iii) Servicing/Service Plans
iv) Other current/future driver requirements
3) Working with and drawing on the experience and resource of the following departments to
ensure the smooth running and constant evolution of the Vehicle Finance Department:
i) Business Development
ii) ICS Operations
Ensure our new department is fit for purpose, fully understand our unique finance IP and continue to
develop and test our underwriting process and formula. Develop new vehicle procurement
relationships, which includes tracking service, maintenance, insurances, vehicle servicing, develop test
our underwriting formula making sure our business processes are fully up to date and current within
the logistics and transport sector.
Manage finance defaults, collections, vehicle recovery and auctions and achieve our underwriting
Be responsible for developing and enhancing the vehicle Finance department’s operations policy and
procedure documentation for all staff, financial functions, software systems and reporting. Ensuring
the department is run to budget and generating revenue based against the business plan.
Have excellent management skills and be able to motivate colleagues and working closely with the
group trading boards and shareholders.
Must have excellent commercial awareness, fully understand the group business and the benefits we
provide to all our self employed customers through out the group trading entities, must be pro-active
and always looking to enhance our vehicle finance product features and client benefits.
- · Set up, manage and take responsibility for the new vehicle finance department covering all
aspects detailed above, be a motivator and a go to person for the department staff and
- · Have an existing network of suppliers/dealerships across the UK, so the group business can
improve its purchasing ability, develop revenue streams and achieve greater profitability.
- · Implement risk management and internal controls, work with the trading board and
shareholders to develop new business solutions as the business develops.
- · Ability to provide updated weekly/monthly management reporting.
In addition to the duties and behaviours outlined in the Line Managers Code of Conduct, this role is
- · Ensuring team building is prioritised with a focus on employee motivation, addressing any
motivational issues as they arise
- · Taking a flexible approach to people management to ensure that each individuals needs are
tailored to ensure productivity and job satisfaction
- · Providing on-going feedback to team members to facilitate continuous personal
development and success
- · Addressing performance issues in a pro-active, fair and timely manner
- · Ensuring all members of the team are fully trained, knowledgeable and up to date
- · Supporting the implementation of learning plans and structured training
- · Maintain an excellent level of understanding and knowledge of IN-SYNC Groups’ products
- · Take responsibility for own personal development in line with agreed performance
- · Support colleagues and team members with professional problems, working to help them to
resolve any issues
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- · Min 3 years Background in fleet management within the commercial vehicle industry
- · Relevant experience in new and used commercial vehicle sales
- · Excellent skills in asset recovery
- · Excellent understanding in vehicle brokerage
- · Good example of past business accruement through forward thinking within asset purchases.
Search Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
"Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion".