|Location: Camberley||Job sector: Permanent JobsWarehouse|
|Job type: Permanent|
care and within specified timescales adhering to Health & Safety procedures/legal regulations at all times and ensuring maximum levels of internal and external customer satisfaction.
1. To complete regular checks of stock accuracy ranging from daily perpetual audits to annual stock takes, involving the physical counting of stock items, completion of update sheets and escalation of problem items.
2. To process all ‘internal’ goods received i.e. from Inspection, Test, repairs sent from Regional Offices or customer returns following FIFO principles.
3. To deliver and collect individuals parts, completed ‘kits’ or ad hoc items to internal customers within Production and other areas within the Company by conducting frequent rounds between the 3 buildings, using an electric buggy or Fork Lift Truck.
4. To create kits of components for use by the Production Department as instructed following printed picking lists, identifying correct parts and quantities following FIFO principles, labelling and packing into boxes either by hand or using appropriate lifting equipment or fork lift truck, ensuring no damage occurs in the process and any shortages or problems are highlighted to Stores Supervision.
5. To fulfil requests generated by the stores Requisition system within 30 minutes of notification, delivering individuals parts or ad hoc items to internal customers within Production or other areas within the Company, by electric buggy or fork lift truck, ensuring vehicles are loaded and driven with the utmost care and in accordance with Health and safety regulations/procedures and that all parts are unloaded in the correct manner to the correct location.
6. To drive all Company vehicles with the utmost care adhering to both legal regulations and Company procedures.
7. To ensure that the Stores and Despatch areas are tidy and free from hazards.
8. To understand, observe and apply a ‘safety first’ approach at all times, complying with Company policies, procedures and practices relating to Occupational Health & Safety, including all provisions in the company Safety System (SMS01/SMS02) e.g completion of JSA’s, wearing of PPE, following Safe Working Practice instructions, undertaking H&S training and escalation of any observations of activities or aspects that could adversely impact employees’ health and safety, or others, resulting from personal or work activities.
9. To contribute to the continual improvement process through the suggestion of initiatives and ideas that could improve areas such as working conditions, efficiency, team morale and internal customer relations.
10. To understand and comply with all Company Policies and Procedures including Health & Safety, Anti Bribery, ISO9001-QMS and Operational requirements at all times.
Dimensions of the Role:
Team: A member of the Stores department which comprises the Stores Supervisor, 2 senior stores people and a small team reporting directly to the Stores supervisor.
Size and Scope: Company holds approximately £7m worth of stock and has over 20,000 stock items.
Daily Activity: On average company receives between 10 and 30 plus external deliveries per day
Travel: Some travel in the local area may be required to deliver and collect items. Occasional travel to the Trials Facility may also be required.
• Current clean driving licence
• Fork Lift Truck driving licence desirable
• A basic understanding of vehicle maintenance would be advantageous
• Knowledge/awareness of electrical/mechanical parts
• A working knowledge of Manual Handling regulations desirable
• IT literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel and Word
• A good level of numeracy
• Previous Stores/Despatch experience with ideally some collection/delivery/driving experience within a manufacturing environment
• Excellent customer service orientation
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work with others
• Strong work organisation
• Ability to lift loads in accordance with Manual Handling guidelines
• Good manual dexterity
Search Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
"Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion".